I Will Pay Money For This

Monday, October 01, 2007 | 4:32 pm

I haven't paid full price for a CD in years, choosing to cherry pick songs from friends or online stores. Mainly, I have a large enough library to keep me busy most of the time, and find the RIAA's lobbying, incessant scare mongering and desire to charge me money even when I hum a tune abhorrent.

But, as a devout Radiohead lover, I will pay very close to full price for their upcoming album In Rainbows, and it's innovative distribution and pricing method. As I see it, I am not only getting my money's worth for a great band who I know will get a better share of my cash, but I am also donating to a fund that will hopefully promote the accelerated decrepitude of the record label cartels and their lobbying arm, the RIAA.

Hooray!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1/10/07 5:33 pm, Blogger vbdizzydolphin said...

I've never paid full price for anything so.... I guess that will continue. Strike that... I would pay full price to hear an aussie say that american soccer rules! ;)

 
At 1/10/07 9:28 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll second that.
Mike

 
At 3/10/07 12:53 pm, Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

Thats a ridiculous request Dizzy! "Beach madness" has obviously taken you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home