Loved it. Hated it.

Monday, March 26, 2007 | 11:54 pm

Things I loved, things I hated this past week.


Loved Australia's rousing victory against current World #1 South Africa in the final game of the Cricket World Cup group stage. Puts us into the Super 8 stage in top position. Might they really three-peat?

Hate that most of the press in the US has been over the sad murder of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer after their dismal exit form the tournament. That's sports gone mad. Extra hatred for the ICC for demanding YouTube remove all the WC clips. It's just f---n higlights for christ's sake! My only other option is a $300 satellite package that shows only full games? Bah.

Love that my work machine setup is now a 2.33Ghz dual-processor MacPro with two 22-inch flat screens (one running OS X, one Paralleling XP). Woah.

Hated that I my Dell "laptop" threw a tantrum and coughed up it's hard-drive within 30 minutes of me setting up the Apple, and before I had time to transfer anything.

Loved the amount of stuff they threw at us in the Battlestar Galactica season finale Sunday. (All Along The Watchtower? Completely out of place, but still brilliant.)

Hated it the moment they said "..continued in 2008." Eight?! WTF! Damn you Sci Fi and your constant threat of cancelation.

Loved havin' a lazy Saturday wandering Ghent for an outdoor patio serving margherrita and chilli. Loved having The Gorgeous Wife and The Brad join me for it. Loved running into people we know while sitting and chattin'. And really loved coming back with the crew for an old-fashioned video night. (Primer and The Prestige: we didn't go for light viewing!) Even loved finding The Brad on the couch the next morning so we could have a cuppa tea and continue to try and decipher what the hell happened in Primer.

Nothing to hate there. We love The Brad. We'll miss him.


technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

3 Comments:

At 27/3/07 9:47 am, Blogger Shocho said...

Two big flat screens? God that's conspicuous consumption at its best.

 
At 28/3/07 9:30 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Finally Justin watches one of the movies I recommend instead of the other way around. So what did you think of Primer ?

 
At 4/4/07 10:00 pm, Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

Found the start a bit slow Mike (too much techno setup, well done, but not much fun for the laymen watching it with me), but then it got real interesting. Honestly though, I really came out of the first viewing with any real idea of what actually happened. Took some Wikipedia research (also confusing) and now I have still got the DVD so I can do the commentary.

But it is a puzzle you wanna solve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home