Finding your inner morning person

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 | 11:19 am

Anyone who knows me, knows I am not one of those "morning people", who by definition are either high-energy frustratingly "peppy" people, or parents. Indeed, I am fortunate enough to be able to sleep just about anywhere, it's the waking that hurts me. So here's a few possible alarm clock options (unverified as real or vapourware) that may break the inertia my phone-based morning alarm usually fails to overcome...

DangerBomb Alarm Clock

Wake or go boom! To turn off this alarm, you gotta reconnect the three wires. Based on the principle that you need to be awake to work electronics, I am sure after a month I could re-fuse this in my sleep. As Engadget correctly noted, not easy to bring through customs, not liable to be much fun in Boston.

Hanging Alarm Clock

To snooze this hanging alarm, you need to slap it. When you do, it retracts on its cord to move ever closer to the ceiling for the next buzzing. Finally, an alarm clock that literally makes you hit the roof.

Rolling Alarm Clock

Clocky adds computer smarts to an approach we have all tried, putting the alarm across the room so we have to get out of bed to snooze it. I tried that, but just became so fast at traversing cold winter floor tiles it was like watching a cat clear a swimming pool without getting wet. Once you snooze this cruiser, it just rolls away, finding a new spot each time. So next time, you gotta find it to turn it off. Love it. There's even a carpeted version, I imagine so that the fall off your night-table is softer, and the camouflage is greater!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home