Super Subs!

Monday, June 12, 2006 | 11:43 am

Cahill Brings Us Back
Tim Cahill and John Aloisi came off the bench to drag a tiring Australia back into their game against Japan, producing three goals in the final 10 minutes of the match to grab their first World Cup Finals win, 3-1!

After a contraversial goal to Japan against the run of play (I put half the blame on Schwarzer, half on the ref), the Aussies started to run out of ideas on how to break down Japan's defence, but all that changed with Gus Hiddink's early second half substitutions. Personally I put a lot of the credit at the feet of the 6'5" Josh Kennedy, who sparked our midfield back to life by giving them a target man in the Peter Crouch style. Baxters NorfolkAnd I cant complain about having somewhere to watch it. Baxters Sports Bar opened early this morning with a breakfast spread to show the 9am game, and it was pretty much me, 3 mates, and 110-televisions. I think I got CRT-burn.

Now pray for a 0-0 draw between Croatia and Japan (or even a small Japan win!), and that Brazil beats everybody by more than they beat us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home